Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catalina's


Catalina's or CAT's are coupons you receive after making a purchase at your grocery store.  They can be store coupons or manufacture coupons, which will be stated at the top next to the expiration date.  Your store logo will also print on the catalina, and therefore can only be used at that specific store.  Usually a catalina prints for a certain product when you buy the competitors product, it's a way to advertise and get you to buy their product.  Other times it's a promotion for a manufactures product, called "catalina deals"  if you buy x amount of a certain product, you earn X amount off your next purchase.  And the BEST part is you can use coupons to earn the CAT's, and if it's a requirement to buy a certain dollar amount, it's before any coupons that you will use!

I'll give you an example of a CAT deal I did this week at Meijer.

Here is the CAT for 100 Calorie Snacks:

 

This manufacture CAT deal states, "Buy Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs between 4/23 & 5/16, Buy 2 get $1 off, Buy 3 get $2 off, buy 4 or more get $3 off your next order."  Plus Meijer was offering the SAME cat deal, so I could earn 2 $3 CATS buying  4 boxes of 100 Calorie Snacks!

Lucky for me these were on sale at Meijer for $2 a box!
I bought 4 boxes
I had 2 B1G1 q's
Plus used 2 $1/1 coupon (I got from a promo in the mail)
Total $2 for 4 boxes + got back a 2 $3 CAT's to use on my next Meijer purchase. 

So I made $4 for buying these!  I did this deal above again, then did it 4 more times without the B1G1 coupons, just the $1/1 q.  Making it a $2 profit!

Here are my CAT's


If the deal "rolled" I could then make the same exact purchase again, and used the CAT I earned on my previous purchase to pay for another purchase, AND earn another CAT, and keep on doing that.  Deals sometimes roll, sometimes not.  This particular deal did not roll, so I saved all my CATS for my next Meijer shopping trip.

Have any questions about CAT deals, email me!